Have you signed up for the Stitch People Virtual Gathering? Yes? Hooray!!!!! We can’t wait to *see* you there!!! While you already know the fun line up we have coming for you, you might be wondering what you should gather in supplies for the week.
Well today Lizzy will go through some of her most recommended supplies, available from our amazing sponsors, DMC!
- Size 14 Aida Fabric in a color of your choosing. We like Sand!
- If you’re feeling fancy, you can try using a size 28 linen like this – just remember it’s twice as small as size 14 Aida fabric, so you need to look a little closer to create your stitches to be the same size as you’d stitch on size 14 Aida!
- A variety of colors of 6-strand embroidery floss. “Do-It-Yourself Stitch People” has a comprehensive list of Color Recommendations in the Resources section of the book, but you don’t have to stick to just that! Choose the colors that will best suit your needs to stitch your Stitch People portrait!
- A hoop to secure your work. We like this simple Bamboo Hoop:
- Embroidery Needles. We like size 5 embroidery needles as opposed to tapestry needles which aren’t pointed at the end. The sharp point allows for more details!
- Scissors or clippers are a must. We love DMC’s elegant peacock scissors:
These are the main things you should gather if you want to stitch along with us during the week.
We’ll also be sending you a list of materials that each presenter recommends using for their class. And no need to worry about having it all on hand on the day! Each of the classes will be recorded so you can come back and watch them any time you’re ready.
Haven’t booked your ticket yet? Don’t delay! Just $15 gives you access to 5 days of classes, stitching chat and a digital swag bag from needleworking and craft websites including DMC Embroidery and Stitch People!
See you there!